Toyota Entune Radio Update Instructions Page
If you own a Toyota vehicle, you may be wondering how to update the Toyota Entune system. We are going to go over the frequently asked questions and everything you need to know about the Toyota Entune system and how to update it below.
In order to complete the process of updating your multimedia and audio system, we recommend having these on hand to ensure you are downloading the correct firmware for your vehicle.
- Vehicles without Entune: Face Plate Number
- A blank USB 2.0 flash drive with a storage capacity of 2GB to 8GB, formatted as FAT16 or FAT32 (details provided later in Firmware Download Instructions)
So now you have the firmware on a USB, now what?
How to Update the Toyota Entune System
- Make sure your car is turned on and then turn on the audio system.
- Select the apps button which will bring you to the dash.
- Insert the USB stick into the USB port.
- After a slight delay, the screen will prompt you to update the software. Select “Yes,” then choose “confirm”
- Towards the end of the update, your screen will go black for a few seconds. This is completely normal. Do not turn off your vehicle or attempt to drive your Toyota during this time.
- Once the system has updated it will ask if you would like to reinstall the package. Select “No,” then remove the USB stick.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is a firmware?
A firmware is a type of software that is similar to an operating system for your multimedia system. Firmware updates are sometimes also referred to as software updates.
Are these updates different from the Entune updates I see on the screen in my vehicle?
A firmware update is different from an Entune update. The Entune update messages you see pop up on the display are for the Entune apps that operate on your multimedia system.
Will this update my maps?
A firmware update will not update the maps in your navigation system.
What do these updates do?
Firmware updates can correct multimedia system operation concerns. A list of items addressed is included in the "Firmware and Version Compare" instructions that are displayed after you search to see if a firmware is available for your vehicle.
My multimedia unit has a concern not listed in the "Firmware and Version Compare" instructions. Will the update help?
If your multimedia unit has a concern that is not listed or is due to a hardware issue, a firmware update will not correct this.
How do I know if I need to update the firmware?
Firmware updates are optional. You can review the details in the "Firmware Version and Compare" instructions to see the benefits of updating, or you can just perform the update if you want peace of mind.
How can I check the version number before updating?
The "Firmware Version and Compare" instructions show how to do this. If you are hesitant to download or have a slower internet connection, please review these instructions.
Will the firmware update add any new features?
Firmware updates do not provide new features. As an example, it is not possible to add Entune by doing a firmware update.
Is it difficult to update the firmware?
No, just follow the directions above. Contact us for help.
I cannot get it to install. What should I do?
CONTACT US at FactoryRadioRepairs.com
Are firmwares available for all models?
Firmwares are only available for selected vehicles. Some models that are not suitable for firmware distribution online may have updates available through the dealer.
How long will the update take?
Most updates take about 10 minutes to install on the vehicle, but in some cases can take as long as 45 minutes. Please refer to the installation instructions for your application to confirm.